Monday, 4 March 2013

Tada - one thread catcher

So I finally sat myself down in front of my sewing machine and made the thread catcher from Natalie Birds 'Red Home'.  As you can see I went for a different colour scheme of pale blue and brown rather than the reds in the book.

It also features bunnies which seems appropriate for this time of year

 I had a bit of trouble with aligning the seams on the bottom and the one above is actually my second attempt.  This is the original attempt - it's all a bit wonky!

I was never going to happy with this so started over.  I'm pretty pleased with the final piece and have already put it to good use.  The arm of my sofa is looking like a sofa again rather than a thread holder!  And whilst the sewing machine was out I finished off my cushion I put together from scraps. 

I'm really pleased with how this has turned out too considering it was a pile of sad left-overs that have ben loitering in my sewing basket for almost a year.  So all in all it's been a productive day, especially as I have filled a few pots with primroses and tried a new recipe.  It's been a lovely spring-like day today and it always helps me feel energised and inspired.  I have been doing some cross stitching too - I'll share progress next time.

Until then,


1 comment:

  1. I love your fabric choices, especially the thread catcher.