Sunday 10 February 2013

What a week!

Gosh, can't believe it's been so long since I was last here.  An infection and subsequent antibiotics laid me low and left me feeling so awful, I've done very little stitching.  And what I have done I can't share as it's for the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop on Valentines Day - details here: http://tinyurl.com/avt9gn5 

I will share the colours I selected for my project, not the traditional colours others might plump for to represent valentines but they fit in well with my recent desire for bright circus colours.
 I also did a bit of sewing with my machine.  I made a 9 patch quilt last year (it was the Golden Jubilee and I was suitable inspired when choosing the fabric) and I have been looking at the left over material and thinking I really should do something with it.  Here is the result:
You can glimpse the quilt in the background.  Eventually this will become a cushion cover, I just need to select some backing fabric for it. 

Back to work tomorrow and hopefully some evening stitching too.  I've ordered some new bits and pieces to add to my ever expanding collection of projects.  Funny how even in the midst of feeling awful I can still summon the energy to spend money!

Until next time

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment